Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Study Guide to Accompany Professional Cooking, 6th Edition
* Over 100 new, fully tested recipes
* A brand new chapter on vegetarian cuisine, featuring different types of vegetarian diets
* Expanded and updated information, such as a con-temporary look at presenting and garnishing food and a detailed history of modern food service
* Nearly 1,200 illustrations-including over 100 new photographs-highlight ingredients, step-by-step techniques, and plated dishes in splendid visual detail
* Completely revised, updated, and expanded vegetable chapters feature additional product identification and cooking techniques, as well as new recipes
* Revised and expanded Nutrition chapter features the new USDA nutritional guidelines
* Stunning new design-helpful sidebars and dedicated chapters on menus, recipes, and cost management; cooking with legumes, grains, and pastas; breakfast preparation; dairy; and beverages
* New culinarE-Companion recipe management software features user-friendly navigation and robust content
2 Sanitation and Safety.
3 Tools and Equipment.
4 Basic Cooking Principles.
5 Menus, Recipes, and Cost Management.
7 Mise en Place.
8 Stocks and Sauces.
10 Understanding Meats and Game.
11 Cooking Meats and Game.
12 Understanding Poultry and Game Birds.
13 Cooking Poultry and Game Birds.
14 Understanding Fish and Shellfish.
15 Cooking Fish and Shellfish.
16 Understanding Vegetables.
17 Cooking Vegetables.
19 Legumes, Grains, Pasta, and Other Starches.
20 Cooking for Vegetarian Diets.
21 Salads and Salad Dressings.
23 Hors d’Oeuvres.
24 Breakfast Preparation.
25 Dairy and Beverages.
26 Sausages and Cured Foods.
27 Paˆte´s, Terrines, and Other Cold Foods.
28 Food Presentation and Garnish.
29 Bakeshop Production: Basic Principles and Ingredients.
30 Yeast Products.
31 Quick Breads.
32 Cakes and Icings.
34 Pies and Pastries.
35 Creams, Custards, Puddings, Frozen Desserts, and Sauces.