Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Church 3.0
An expert practitioner answers to questions about the burgeoning organic church movement
Neil Cole's best-selling book Organic Church described the fastest growing segment of contemporary Christianity-the so-called organic church. Now in this next-step book, he answers questions about how to deal with theological and organizational issues that come up. He talks about issues such has what to do with finances, children, heresy, leader training, and rituals and ordinances. Without the top-down structure of a denomination, even people who are proponents of this small, house-church model worry that they are not doing it right.
- Offers an important resource for anyone involved with or thinking of starting an organic or house church
- Addresses practical issues of theology, rituals, doctrinal heresy, how to handle children, finances, and other important questions
- Written by an acknowledged expert who is now and has been for over twenty years an organic church planter and practitioner
- A new Leadership Network title and follow-up to Organic Church
Church 3.0 offers solid information about organic churches based on Cole's extensive experience in starting, nurturing, and mentoring in the organic church movement.
neil cole is an experienced and innovative church planter and pastor. He is the founder of the Awakening Chapels, which are reaching young postmodern people in urban settings, and a founder and executive director of Church Multiplication Associates. He is the author of Organic Church as well as Search and Rescue, Organic Leadership, and Cultivating a Life for God.
Introduction: What About This Book? Shifting from Church 2.0 to 3.0.
Part One: Global Changes Demand a Better Church.
1. What About the World We Live In? From a Village Church to a Global Village.
2. What About Our Changing Culture? From Ministry in a Modern World to Postmodern.
Part Two: Structural Issues.
3. What About the Church's Mission? From Coming to Going.
4. What About Church Growth? From Incremental to Exponential.
5. What About Church Models? Part One: From Congregations to Networks.
6. What About Church Models? Part Two: From Centralized to Decentralized.
7. What About Larger Gatherings? From One-Size-Fits-All to Tailored Groups for Effective Function.
Part Three: Pragmatic Concerns.
8. What About Evangelism? From Drawing Converts to Catalyzing Movements.
9. What About Baptism and Communion? From Sacerdotal Rituals to Apostolic Genius.
10. What About Kids? From a Scholastic Model to a Spiritual Family.
11. What About Heresy? From Better-Trained Pastors to Better-Trained People.
12. What About Finances? From Ten Percent to the Whole Enchilada.
Conclusion: What About My Church? From Being Educated to Being. Empowered.