Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Seven Secrets of the Savvy School Leader: A Guideto Surviving and Thriving
The keys to having an outstanding career as a school leader.
The American educational system is in crisis; trends of recent years have been extraordinarily hard on educators. An entire generation of school leaders is retiring, many of them early, and the number of candidates applying to replace them is plummeting. In many districts, applications have shrunk by nearly two-thirds. Seven Secrets of The Savvy School Leader hopes to counteract these glum statistics by giving both aspiring and experienced school leaders important survival tools, and encouraging long-term leaders to renew their faith in their own abilities.
- Describes the innate tensions inherent in leadership
- Explores the difference between dilemmas and problems
- Encourages leaders to make change by making meaning
- Offers guidance for being your best and bold self
Written an expert on school leadership who has worked closely with thousands of schools over the years, the book will help anyone serving as or considering becoming a school administrator.
Robert Evans, Ed.D., is a clinical and organizational psychologist and director of the Human Relations Service in Wellesley, Massachusetts. A former high school and preschool teacher, he has served as a consultant to hundreds of schools throughout the United States and around the worldoffering training and long-term support for teachers, administrators, boards, and parents. He is a contributor to key educational publications, including Education Week, Educational Leadership, and Phi Delta Kappan and the author of the books The Human Side of School Change and Family Matters (both from Jossey-Bass).
1. The First Secret: When You Go to See the Wizard, Take Toto.
2. The Second Secret: They'll Never Understand.
3. The Third Secret: Change Is What It Means.
4. The Fourth Secret: Bite Off What You Can Chew.
5. The Fifth Secret: Be Your Best, Bold Self.
6. The Sixth Secret: Nourish to Flourish.
7. The Seventh Secret: From Savvy to Wise: Look Out for Number One.