Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Hardware-Based Computer Security Techniques to Defeat Hackers: From Biometrics to Quantum Cryptography
Protecting valuable personal information against theft is a mission-critical component of today's electronic business community. In an effort to combat this serious and growing problem, the Intelligence and Defense communities have successfully employed the use of hardware-based security devices.
This book provides a road map of the hardware-based security devices that can defeat—and prevent—attacks by hackers. Beginning with an overview of the basic elements of computer security, the book covers:
Key generation and distribution
The qualities of security solutions
Secure bootstrap loading
Secure memory management and trusted execution technology
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
Hardware-Based Computer Security Techniques to Defeat Hackers includes a chapter devoted entirely to showing readers how they can implement the strategies and technologies discussed. Finally, it concludes with two examples of security systems put into practice.
The information and critical analysis techniques provided in this user-friendly book are invaluable for a range of professionals, including IT personnel, computer engineers, computer security specialists, electrical engineers, software engineers, and industry analysts.
2. Cryptography Approaches and Attacks.
3. Key Generation and Distribution Approaches and Attacks.
4. The Qualities of Workable Security Solutions.
5. Secure Coprocessors.
6. Secure bootstrap Loading.
7. Secure Memory Management and Trusted Execution Technology.
8. The Trusted Platform Module.
9. Field-Programmable Gate Arrays.
10. Hardware-Based Authentication.
11. A Closer Look At Biometrics.
12. Tokens: Something You Have.
13. Location Technologies.
14. Putting It All Together.