Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Building Conflict Competent Teams
As the authors say, conflict is not to be avoided, but embraced and explored. This often results in new, previously unimagined opportunities, solutions and results. The authors include stories, interviews, and examples that provide entertaining and thought provoking insights. They dedicate one chapter to techniques and processes for addressing team conflict that has gone awry. Runde and Flanagan also include useful tips and tools for assessing your team?s current state of conflict competence and suggestions for addressing the challenges of today?s virtual and geographically dispersed teams.
CRAIG E. RUNDE is director of new program development at the Leadership Development Institute at Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida.
TIM A. FLANAGAN is director of custom programs at the Leadership Development Institute at Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida.
1. A Team in Conflict 1
2. Where Conflict Comes From, And Why It Is So Hard To Manage 19
3. Creating the Right Climate 43
4. Constructive Communication 75
5. Techniques for Staying on Track 119
6. Special Cases: Virtual and Global Teams 171
7. Getting Started on the Road to Conflict Competence 189
The Authors 225
About the Center for Creative Leadership 235