Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Blurring the Lines
This book consists primarily of essays and case studies explaining and demonstrating the state-of-the-art in CAD/CAM applications for buildings. It aims to highlight critical questions and assumptions underlying the use of computers in the design and production of buildings as well as provide practical advice to practitioners interested in realising such projects.
- Includes case studies to demonstrate how CAD/ CAM applications have been used in completed buildings
- A â??resource and referenceâ?? section at the back of the book provides additional information and expertise
- Highlights critical questions and assumptions underlying the use of computers in the design and production of buildings
- Provides practical advice to practitioners
André Chaszar is an engineer with an independent practice in New York. He combines his commercial work with research into CAD-CAM applications. An Adjunct Assistant Professor of Architecture at Columbia University, he has a B Arch Eng from Pennsylvania State University and an MSc Arch (hon) from The Technical University of Budapest. A professional registered engineer in New York, he is also a registered architect in Hungary.
Blurring the Lines: an exploration of current CAD/CAM techniques (André Chaszar).
Drawing in the Digital Age (Coren and William Sharples for SHoP Architects)
3. Designing Architecture Using a CAD System (Volker Mueller)
4. Blurring the Lines: an exploration of current CAD/CAM techniques – parametric design and rapid prototyping: mediating between analogue and digital skill sets (Mark Burry)
5. Generative Design (Kristina Shea)
ARCHITECTURE CASE STUDIES.
6. Conference Hall, DZ Bank, Berlin (Tensho Takemori)
7. Son-O-House (André Chaszar)
‘The Parametric Bridge’: connecting digital design techniques in architectural and engineering practice (Andrew Maher)
9. Engineering Form (Harald Kloft)
10. Building Performance Modelling: integrating computer simulation into the design process (André Chaszar, Nico Kienzl, Paul Stoller)
11. CAD-based Daylight Simulation and Analysis as a Design Support (Stefanie Reuss, Matthias Schuler – Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH)
12. New Computer-aided Design and Communication Techniques for Architectural Acoustics (Neill Woodger, Arup Acoustics)
13. Bridging the Gap with Collaborative Design Programs for CAD/CAM (André Chaszar)
ENGINEERING CASE STUDIES
14. Blurring the Lines: an exploration in current CAD/CAM techniques – Paul Klee Museum (André Chaszar)
15. Kunsthaus Graz/Museum of Modern Art Design development between the virtual and the real (Niels Jonkhans)
16. Blurring the Lines: case studies of current CAD/CAM Techniques – BIX (André Chaszar)
17. Blurring the Lines: an exploration of current CAD/CAM techniques – CAD/CAM Applications in Hardware Design and Manufacture (Tim Eliassen)
18. The Development of CAD/CAM in Fabric Structures and Beyond (Angus Palmer, Craig Schwitter)
CONSTRUCTION CASE STUDIES.
19. Manilow and Nothstine Residences (Douglas Garofalo)
20. Blurring the Lines Case Study: Digital Housings an exploration of current CAD/CAM techniques (André Chaszar)
21. Blurring the Lines: Case studies of current CAD/CAM techniques – The Chesa Futura (André Chaszar)
22. Interior Eye CAD/CAM in the business of architecture, engineering and construction (André Chaszar and James Glymph).