Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Cardiac Care - An Introduction for HealthcareProfessionals
- The editors and contributors have years of experience caring for patients with cardiac disorders.
- Accessible and interesting update on the latest research and trends in the fast-moving specialty of cardiac care.
- The book has been designed so that the reader can ‘dip in’ at any point, to find out about a particular aspect of cardiac care.
Tom Quinn RN, ONC, FESC, Mphil, Professor of Cardiac Nursing, Coventry University.
Mark Gretton RN, BA (Hons), MA, FETC, Lecturer in Nursing, Faculty of health and Social Care, University of Hull.
List of contributors.
1. The context of cardiac care (Tom Quinn).
2. The history of cardiac care (Tom Quinn).
3. Disease prevention and rehabilitation (David Barrett).
4. Anatomy and physiology of the heart (Mark Gretton).
5. Assessing the cardiac patient (Mark Gretton).
6. Coronary Heart Disease 1: Stable angina (Tom Quinn).
7. Coronary Heart Disease 2: Acute coronary syndromes (Tom Quinn).
8. Heart failure (Mark Gretton).
9. Arrhythmias (Mark Gretton).
10. Resuscitation (Joanne Hatfield).
11. Congenital heart disease (Liz Smith).
12. Valve disease, cardiomyopathy and inflammatory disorders (David Barrett).
13. Cardiac medications (David Barrett).
14. Interventional cardiology (David Barrett).
15. Cardiac surgery (Diane Burley and David Barrett).
"…gives the emergency nurse more than the initial and immediate management of this increasing group of patients…" (Accident and Emergency Nursing Journal,