Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Essentials of Organic Chemistry - For Studentsof Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry and BiologicalChemistry
In order to establish links and similarities the book places prominence on principles and deductive reasoning with cross-referencing. This informal text also places the main emphasis on understanding and predicting reactivity rather than synthetic methodology as well as utilising a mechanism based layout and featuring annotated schemes to reduce the need for textual explanations.
* tailored specifically to the needs of students of Pharmacy Medical Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
* numerous pharmaceutical and biochemical examples
* mechanism based layout
* focus on principles and deductive reasoning
This will be an invaluable reference for students of Pharmacy Medicinal and Biological Chemistry.
Paul Dewick is the author of the successful Medicinal Natural Product, 2/E and is a well-respected academic within his field.
1. Molecular representations and nomenclature.
2. Atomic structure and bonding.
4. Acids and bases.
5. Reaction mechanisms.
6. Nucleophilic reactions: nucleophilic substitution.
7. Nucleophilic reactions of carbonyl groups.
8. Electrophilic reactions.
9. Radical reactions.
10. Nucleophilic reactions involving enolate anions.
13. Amino acids, peptides and proteins.
14. Nucleosides, nucleotides and nucleic acids.
15. The organic chemistry of intermediary metabolism.
16. How to approach examination questions: selected problems and answers.
"...the textbook accomplishes its distinctive purpose with clear writing and appropriately selected content" (Journal of Natural Products, 2007)
"Do you want to add life to your organic chemistry course? If so, Essentials of Organic Chemistry (1) may be for you." (Journal of Chemical Education, February 2008)
"...the book is a very good experience of an organic chemistry mechanistic approach to the study of biochemistry…" (Physical Sciences Educational Reviews, December 2006)