Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title System Design for Telecommunication Gateways
- Combines software and hardware aspects of the system design.
- Defines components and services supported by open-source and commercial basic and extended software platforms, including operating systems, middleware, security, routing, management layer and more.
- Focuses on disruptive technologies.
- Provides guidelines for developing software architectures based on multi-threaded, multi-process, multi-instance, multi-core, multi-chip, multi-blade and multi-chassis designs.
- Covers a number of advanced high-speed interconnect and fabric interface technologies and their commercial implementations.
- Presents different system form factors from compact pizza-box styles to medium and large bladed systems, including IBM BladeCenter, ATCA and microTCA-based chassis. Describes different mezzanine cards, such as PMC, PrPMC, XMC, AMC and others.
2. System View.
2.1 System Architecting.
2.2 Platform-based Approach.
2.3 System Verification.
3. Hardware Technologies and Platforms.
3.1 Different Form Factors.
3.2 Stacking chassis.
3.3 Cluster Computing.
3.4 Inter-blade Interconnect.
3.5 Hardware Solutions for Data, Control and Management Planes Processing.
4 Software Technologies and Platforms.
4.1 Basic Software Platform.
4.2 Expanded Software Platform.
4.3 Single-Threaded and Multi-X Software Designs.
4.4 Partitioning OS and Virtualization.