Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Lifescale: How to Live a More Creative,Productive, and Happy Life
Somewhere along the way, we got distracted. As much as we multitask, love our devices and feel like we’re in control, deep down we know that something is off. Shortened attention spans, declines in critical thinking, lack of sleep, self-doubt and decreased creativity are just some of the effects coming to light in an age of digital distraction.
It’s time to reclaim our lives. It’s time to take control.
Lifescale is a journey of self-discovery and growth. It’s about getting back into balance and remastering our destinies. Author Brian Solis knows first-hand. He struggled with distraction and all of its ill-effects. To get his life back, he developed a set of techniques, exercises, and thought experiments designed to tame the chaos, and positively and productively navigate our day-to-day lives. Instead of falling victim to the never-ending cycle of newsfeeds, Likes, addictive apps, and boredom scrolling (aka the endless scroll), we can learn to manage our time and inspire our own lives in a way that will bring meaning back—without sacrificing the benefits that our devices bring us.
In Lifescale, Brian has done the legwork to pull together scientific findings and practical tools into one book. Readers—especially those who are distracted—will connect with the humor, pathos, and inspiration inside. Using this book’s simple but powerful lessons, we can:
- Identify sources of distraction and turn attention toward creativity and productivity
- Understand and resist the manipulative techniques that turn us into digital addicts
- Find meaning and purpose to guide our time in more meaningful ways
- Visualize future success to successfully dive into deep work and stop procrastinating
- Break bad habits, establish rituals, and establish routines that help you achieve goals
- Nurture imagination and learn to express ourselves more artistically
- Maximize productivity with simple but effective strategies
- Focus for extended periods and make breaks more restorative
- Foster a strong sense of purpose in life and identify the steps needed to bring it to life every day
- Smile more and build self-esteem
With the renewed perspective Lifescale offers, we can finally learn to prioritize what matters, and live our digital and physical lives with intention and true happiness.
BRIAN SOLIS is one of the world's leading digital anthropologists and futurists who has been called "one of the greatest digital analysts of our time." Brian is also a world-renowned keynote speaker, and an award-winning author of seven bestselling books, including X: The Experience When Business Meets Design, What's the Future of Business and The End of Business as Usual.
Solis studies disruptive technology and its impact on business. He also explores how technology affects and shapes behaviors, norms, and society. Through his work, he humanizes disruptive trends to help leaders understand how technology, markets, and people are evolving, and how to thrive and drive change and growth.
With a loyal online audience of over 700,000 people, his work makes him a sought-after thought leader to leading brands, celebrities such as Oprah, Shaq, and Ashton Kutcher, and over 1,000 startups around the world.
1 Realize 10
2 Awaken 20
3 Refocus 46
4 Believe 67
5 Rekindle 88
6 Reconsider 105
7 Value 113
8 Reorient 131
9 Silence 142
10 Liberate 165
11 Purpose 176
12 Energize 203
13 Visualize 230
14 Dive 256