Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Principles of Genetics, Fourth Edition
Michael Simmons is a well-regarded Genetics researcher and very focused teacher. He ran the intro general biology course at UMN for years and has an excellent feel for content and pedagogy as well as being on top of his field. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin.
2. Cellular Reproduction and Model Genetic Organisms.
3. Mendelism: The Basic Principles of Inheritance.
4. Extensions of Mendelism.
5. The Chromosomal Basis of Mendelism.
6. Variation in Chromosome Number and Structure.
7. Linkage, Crossing Over, and Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes.
8. The Genetics of Microorganisms.
9. DNA and the Molecular Structure of Chromosomes.
10. Replication of DNA and Chromosomes.
11. Transcription and RNA Processing.
12. Translation and the Genetic Code.
13. Mutation, DNA Repair, and Recombination.
14. Definitions of the Gene.
15. The Techniques of Molecular Genetics.
17. Applications of Molecular Genetics.
18. Transposable Genetic Elements.
19. The Genetics of Mitochondria and Chloroplasts.
20. Regulation of Gene Expression in Prokaryotes and Their Viruses.
21. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes.
22. The Genetic Control of Animal Development.
23. The Genetic Control of the Vertebrate Immune System.
24. The Genetic Basis of Cancer.
25. Inheritance of Complex Traits.
26. Population Genetics.
27. Evolutionary Genetics.
Epilogue: Genetics Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow, a Personal View.
Photo and Illustrations Credits.
Answers to Odd-Numbered Questions and Problems.