Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Fundamentals of Residential Construction, SecondEdition
Rob Thallon, architect and Associate Professor of Architecture at the University of Oregon, is the author of the bestselling series of guides: Graphic Guide to Frame Construction, Graphic Guide to Site Construction, and Graphic Guide to Interior Details. He has more than 30 years of experience in residential design construction and has designed many custom houses and housing complexes.
PART I: CONTEXT.
1. The Context for Construction.
2. The Construction Community: Builders, Contractors, and Developers.
3. The Design Community.
PART II: MATERIALS.
4. The Material Wood.
PART III: WOOD LIGHT FRAME CONSTRUCTION.
7. Rough Sitework.
10. Roof Framing.
11. Finishing the Roof.
12. Windows and Exterior Doors.
13. Finishing the Exterior Walls.
15. Heating and Cooling.
16. Electrical Wiring.
17. Thermal Insulation.
18. Fireplaces and Stoves.
19. Interior Surfaces.
20. Finishing the Interior.
21. Finish Sitework.
PART IV: ALTERNATIVE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS.
22. Low-Tech, Low-Energy Construction.
23. Loadbearing Masonry and Concrete Construction.
24. Timber Frame Construction.
25. Light-Gauge Steel Constrcution.
26. Panelized Constructin.