Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience: An Introduction
List of Tables.
Series Editor's Preface.
1. The Biology of Change.
2. Building a Brain.
3. Domains of Cognitive Development I: Vision, Orienting, and Attention.
4. Domains of Cognitive Development II: Face Recognition and Social Cognition.
5. Domains of Cognitive Development III: Memory.
6. Domains of Cognitive Development IV: Language and Reading.
7. Domains of Cognitive Development V: Frontal Cortex, Object Permanence and Planning.
8. Domains of Cognitive Development VI: Lateralization.
9. Representational Change in Development.
10. Toward an Integrated Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience.
"A major topic of this generation of research is to understand the interaction between environment and genetics every level from molecules to the behaviour of organisms. Johnson effectively argues that at the intermediate level of analysis present in cognitive neuroscience we will be able to illuminate this interaction during the course of development. This volume reviews evidence and organizes it in a way that allows one to see how behavioural and physiological experiments with humans and other organisms can help answer very general psychobiological issues. By illuminating basic issues of development this book is as important for students and researchers at the adult level as it is for students of infancy and childhood." – Professor Mike Posner, University of Oregon