Effective Continuing Education
× Information !
Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Effective Continuing Education
Effective Continuing Education for Professionals tells how to improve the quality of continuing education programs in a variety of professional fields. Winners of the NUCEA's 1990 Frandson Award for Literature in Continuing Education and the AAACE's 1989 Cyril O. Houle World Award for Literature in Adult Education.
RONALD M. CERVERO is professor in the Department of Adult Education at the University of Georgia.
The Author xxi
1. The Dynamics of Continuing Professional Education 1
2. Conflict Over the Goals of the Educational Process 18
3. How Professionals Learn and Acquire Expertise 38
4. Fostering Greater Participation in Educational Activities 57
5. Differing Institutional Approaches to Effective Education 75
6. Deciding When to Collaborate with Other Educational Providers 94
7. Successful Program Development Strategies 112
8. Determining Whether Programs Are Worthwhile 131
9. Being Effective in Continuing Professional Education 149