Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Embracing the World: Praying for Justice and Peace
Embracing the World reveals the twofold nature of prayer: as both contemplation and action. Vennard explains that prayer is a cycle where prayer leads to service and service leads to reflection and back to God. Throughout the book, she explores many different forms of outward-reaching prayer and includes a wealth of vivid descriptions, helpful explanations, captivating stories, and biblical and theological reflections.
1. Grounding Ourselves in God.
2. Praying for Others and the World.
3. Praying with Our Actions.
4. Praying for Renewal.
5. Praying to Be Transformed.
6. Praying for Discernment.
7. Trusting the Mercy of God.