Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Learning in Culture and Context: Approaching the Complexities of Achievement Motivation in Student Learning: New Directions for Child and Adolescent
This is the 96th issue of the Jossey-Bass series New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development.
JANINE BEMPECHAT is senior consultant at the Program for Educational Change Agents, Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts.
JULIAN G. ELLIOT is professor of educational psychology and associate dean at the School of Education, University of Sunderland, England.
1. The Culture and Contexts of Achievement Motivation (Julian G. Elliott, Janine Bempechat).
2. Parenting Self-Efficacy Among Japanese Mothers: Qualitative and Quantitative Perspectives on Its Association with Childhood Memories of Family Relations (Susan D. Holloway, Kazuko Y. Behrens).
3. Learning Models in Different Cultures (Jin Li).
4. Achievement Motivation Across Cultures: Some Puzzles and Their Implications for Future Research (Neil Hufton, Julian G. Elliott, Leonid Illushin).
5. Implicit Theories of Intelligence Across Academic Domains: A Study of Meaning Making in Adolescents of Mexican Descent (Gisell Quihuis, Janine Bempechat, Norma V. Jimenez, Beth A. Boulay).
6. Contexts and Culture in Psychological Research (Robert A. LeVine).