Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond
JUDD KAHN has taught history, served in city government, and worked as a securities analyst, a CFO, and a management consultant. He has a PhD in history from the University of California, Berkeley.
PAUL D. SONKIN is the investment manager of the Hummingbird Value Fund. He has worked at the SEC, Goldman Sachs, Royce Funds, and First Manhattan Company. He holds an MBA from Columbia.
MICHAEL van BIEMA is a member of the finance faculty of Columbia Business School. Prior to joining the faculty of Columbia, he was a principal at the RONIN Corporation, a management consulting firm, and the cofounder of several technology companies. He has a PhD from Columbia in computer science.
Preface to the First Edition.
PART I: AN INTRODUCTION TO VALUE INVESTING.
1. Value Investing: Definitions, Distinctions, Results, Risks, Principles.
2. Searching for Value: Fish Where the Fish Are.
PART 11: THREE SOURCES OF VALUE.
3. Valuation in Principle, Valuation in Practice.
4. Valuing the Assets: From Book Value to Replacement Costs.
5. Earning Power Value: Assets Plus Franchise.
6. A Wonderful Little Franchise: The Earning Power of WD-40.
7. Inside Intel: The Value of Growth Within the Franchise.
8. Constructing the Portfolio: Risk, Diversification, and Default Strategies.
PART III: VALUE INVESTING IN PRACTICE: PROFILES OF EIGHT VALUE INVESTORS.
9. Warren Buffett: Investing Is Allocating Capital.
10. Mario Gabelli: Discovering and Unlocking the Private Market Value.
11. Glenn Greenberg: Investigate, Concentrate, and--Watch That Basket.
12. Robert H. Heilbrunn: Investing in Investors.
13. Seth Klarman: Distressed Sellers, Absent Buyers.
14. Michael Price: Discipline, Patience, Focus, and Power.
15. Walter and Edwin Schloss: Keep It Simple, and Cheap.
16. Paul D. Sonkin: Small Is Beautiful, Especially When It's Ugly.