Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Neuro-linguistic Programming For Dummies 2e
One of the most exciting psychological techniques in use today, neuro-linguistic programming helps you model yourself on those-or, more accurately, the thought processes of those-who are stellar in their fields. Rooted in behavioral psychology of the 1970s, the concepts of NLP are now common to such diverse areas as business, education, sports, health, music and the performing arts-and have been instrumental in helping people change and improve their professional and personal lives. In this handy, informative guide, you will acquire a basic toolkit of NLP techniques, with advice on the NLP approach to goal-setting, as well as insights on how you think, form mental strategies, manage emotional states, and, finally, understand the world.With new content on new code NLP, symbolic modeling, clean language in the workplace and energetic NLP-techniques developed after the first editionIncludes updated information throughout and two new chapters: Dipping into Modeling and Making Change Easier
Not simply a guide to reprogramming your negative or habitual thoughts, this practical, down-to-earth introduction to NLP is the first step to fulfilling personal and professional ambitions and achieving excellence in every sphere of your life.
Kate Burton is a leading international executive coach with a background in corporate communication in IT, and works with clients such as HP, KPMG, and Microsoft. Romilla and Kate are the authors of the best-selling Neuro-linguistic Programming Workbook For Dummies.
I. Introducing NLP
1. Getting to Know NLP.
2. Looking at NLP Assumptions.
3. Who's Steering the Bus?
4. Taking Charge of Your Life.
II Winning Friends and Influencing People.
5. Pushing the Communication Buttons.
6. Seeing, Hearing, and Feeling Your Way.
7. Creating Rapport.
8. Understanding to be Understood: Metaprograms.
III Opening the Toolkit.
9. Dropping Anchors.
10. Sliding the Controls.
11. Changing with Logical Levels.
12. Driving Habits: Uncovering Your Secret Programs.
13. Time Travel.
14. Smooth Running Below Decks.
IV Using Words to Entrance.
15. Getting to the Heart of the Matter: The Meta Model.
16. Hypnotising Your Audience.
17. Stories, Fables, and Metaphors: Telling Tales to Reach the Subconscious.
18. Asking the Right Questions.
V Integrating Your Learning.
19. Dipping Into Modelling.
20. Making Change Easier.
VI The Part of Tens.
21. Ten Applications of NLP.
22. Ten Books to Add to Your Library.
23. Ten Online NLP Resources.
24. Ten Movies that Include NLP Processes.
Appendix A. Resource List.
Appendix B. Rapport Building.
Appendix C. The Well-Formed Outcome Checklist.