Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Pfeiffer's Classic Activities for Diversity Training
This mix of articles, activities, and instruments -- including questionnaires and surveys -- supports training on such critical topics as managing diversity, preventing sexual harassment, understanding generational differences, organizational value conflicts, disability awareness, intercultural negotiation, relationship building, the effects of culture on behavior and work style, understanding employee motivation, and much more.
Order your copy today and get a time-tested collection of working tools for understanding and maximizing the potential of workplace diversity.
Part 1: Presentation and Discussion Resources.
1. Danger—Diversity Training Ahead: Addressing the Myths of Diversity Training and Offering Alternatives (Paula Grace).
2. Diversity and Organizational Change (Ginger Lapid-Bogda).
3. Diversity Display Table: An Activity and a Bibliography (Julie O’Mara).
4. Managing Diversity in the Workplace (S. Kanu Kogod).
5. Diversity and Team Development (Claire B. Halverson and Guillermo Cuellar).
6. Leveraging Difference and Diversity in Multicultural Teams: Virtually or Face-to-Face (Dianne Hofner Saphiere).
7. Preventing Sexual Harassment: Stop Shortchanging Your Organization with Diversion Programs (Harriet Cohen and Debbie Newman).
8. Consulting to Generation X (H.B. Karp and Danilo Sirias).
Part 2: Experiential Learning Activities.
Diversity—The Broad View.
1. Expanding the Scope of Diversity Programs: A New Model (Julie O’Mara).
2. Tortuga Place and Your Place: Understanding Diversity (C. Louise Sellaro, Anne M. McMahon, and Betty Jo Licata).
3. Diversity Quiz: Viewing Differences as Resources (Linda Eschenburg).
4. The Employment Case: Exploring Organizational Value Conflicts (Joann Keyton).
5. What’s Legal? Investigating Employment-Interview Questions (Robert J. (Jack) Cantwell).
The Usual Suspects—Race, Gender, Culture, and the Rest.
6. People with Disabilities: Understanding Diversity in the Workplace (Stephen P. Hanamura and Julie O’Mara).
7. Disability Awareness: Providing Equal Opportunities in the Training Environment (Robert William (Bob) Lucas).
8. Early Memories: Learning About Stereotypes (Renee Yuengling).
9. Managerial Characteristics: Exploring Stereotypes (Allen K. Gulezian).
10. What’s Your Gen X IQ? Heightening Intragroup Awareness (H.B. Karp and Danilo Sirias).
11. Bargaining, United Nations Style: Exploring the Impact of Cultural Values (Julia T. Oliver and John E. Oliver).
12. Merger Mania: Understanding Intercultural Negotiation (John Chesser).
Perception, Values, and Work Roles.
13. What You See: Examining Different Points of View (Anne M. McMahon and C. Louise Sellaro).
14. Cultural Triangle: Determining the Effect of Values on Customer/Client Perceptions (Homer Warren, Anne M. McMahon, C. Louise Sellaro, and Carol Mikanowicz).
15. The Value Profile: Legitimizing Intergroup Differences (Edward F. Pajak).
16. Intergroup Clearing: A Relationship-Building Intervention (Lawrence C. Porter).
17. Intergroup Meeting: An Image Exchange (The Editors).
Part 3: Inventories, Questionnaires, and Surveys.
1. Diversity Awareness Assessment (David P. Tulin).
2. Cross-Cultural Interactive Preference Profile (Morris Graham and Dwight Miller).
3. Cultural-Context Inventory: The Effects of Culture on Behavior and Work Style (Claire B. Halverson).
4. The Sexual Harassment Survey: Exploring Gender Differences (John E. Oliver, Sarah Bartholomew Ellerbee, and S. Andrew Ostapski).
5. Attitudes Toward Women as Managers (ATWAM) (Edward B.Yost and Theodore T. Herbert).
6. Why Don’t They Do What I Want? Understanding Employee Motivation (Janet Winchester-Silbaugh).
7. The Behavior Description (John E. Oliver).
8. The Cognitive Style Inventory (Lorna P. Martin).
About the Editor.
Pfeiffer Publications Guide.