Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Macromolecules Containing Metal and Metal-Like Elements, Volume 1; A Half Century of Metal and Metalloid-Containing Polymers
- Provides useful descriptions of applications for the reader to apply in his/her research into materials, polymers, and medicine/drug development.
- Covers non-linear optical materials, speciality magnetic materials, liquid crystals, anticancer and antiviral drugs, treatment of arthritis, antibacterial drugs, antifouling materials, treatment of certain vitamin deficiencies, electrical conductors and semiconductors, piezoelectronic materials, electrodes, UV absorption applications, super-strength materials, special lubricants and gaskets, selective catalytic and multisite catalytic agents.
Dr. Alaa Abd-El-Aziz is Professor of Chemistry and the Associate Vice-President of Research & Graduate Studies at the University of Winnipeg
Dr. Charles Pittman has a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Lafayette College and a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Pennsylvania State University. He completed postdoctoral studies with G. A. Olah, and served on active duty at the U.S. Army University of Alabama. He was appointed Full Professor in 1975 and University Research Professor in 1977. Dr. Pittman came to Mississippi State in 1983 as Professor of Industrial Chemistry and Catalysis. He is also Research Director of the University/Industry Chemical Research Center.
Martin Zeldin is a Visiting Professor of Chemistry at the Hobart and William Smith Colleges. He received his Ph.D. in inorganic chemistry in 1968 from Pennsylvania State University.
John Sheats is the Chairperson of the Department of Chemistry and a Professor of Chemistry at Rider University.
2. Metallacene-Based Polymers.
3. Polymers Containing 4-,5-, and 6-Membered Rings π-Coordinated to Metallic Moieties.
4. α-Bonded Metals and Metal–Metal Bonds in the Polymer Framework.
5. Metal Coordination Polymers.
6. Silicon-, Germanium-, Tin-, and Lead-Containing Polymers.
"…provides a general overview of this emerging field of polymers… (Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 126, No. 11)
"...a very useful source of comprehensive information...strongly recommended..." (Polymer News)