Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Building Type Basics for Transit Facilities
* Features innovative transit station designs, including light and heavy rail, airports, and cruise terminals.
* Presents numerous illustratrations with descriptive floor plans, diagrams, and photographs.
* Provides need-to-know information for getting started in this complex area.
Order your copy today!
STEPHEN A. KLIMENT, FAIA (Series Founder and Editor), is an architectural journalist and an adjunct professor at the City College of New York. He was chief editor of Architectural Record from 1990 to 1996.
1. Predesign with Paul Diez; Howard Gregson.
2. Urban Planning and Station Area Development with Diana Mendez; Sheldon Fialkoff.
3. Station Types and Configurations.
4. Design Concerns and Process.
5. Life Safety, Codes, and ADA.
6. Engineering Considerations with James Francomacaro; Wally DelaBarre; Bruce Dandie.
7. Special Equipment with Matthew Pollack.
8. Materials and Finishes.
9. Acoustics and Vibration (Richard A. Carman, Wilson, Ihrig and Associates, Inc.).
10. Lighting (Domingo Gonzales, Domingo Gonzales and Associates, Inc.).
11. Wayfinding (Joseph Erhart, Apple Designs, Inc.).
12. Safety and Security.
13. Transit Stations at Airports: A Case Study (Robert Davidson, Chief Architect Port Authority of New York and New Jersey).
14. Cruise Terminals (Richard Heidrich).
15. Modernization and Retrofit Issues.
16. Station Operation and Maintenance.
Appendix: Case Studies.
Bibliography and References.