Rights Contact Login For More Details
More About This Title Building Type Basics for Places of Worship
Order your copy today!
STEPHEN A. KLIMENT, FAIA (Series Founder and Editor), is an architectural journalist and an adjunct professor at the City College of New York. He was chief editor of Architectural Record from 1990 to 1996.
1. The Significance and Qualities of Worship Spaces.
2. Project Team and Process.
3. Unique Design Concerns.
4. Site Selection and Planning.
5. Public Agency Approval.
6. Sustainable Design (F. Cousins and M. Murosky).
7. Structural Systems (B. Gibbons, et al.).
8. Mechanical Systems (F. Cousins and M. Murosky).
9. Electrical and Communications Systems (S. Done and J. Phillips).
10. Special Equipment.
12. Acoustic and Audiovisual Considerations (D. Paoletti and S. Milsom).
13. Lightning Design (F. Krahe and P. Butler).
14. Furniture, Fixtures, and Artwork.
15. Wayfinding, Graphics, and Signage.
16. Historic Renovation.
17. International Challenges.
18. Operation and Maintenance.
19. Key Cost Factors.
20. Sources of Finance.
Bibliography and References.