Pikes Peak, America?s Mountain
× Information !
Rights Contact Login For More Details
- Jack Denton
More About This Title Pikes Peak, America?s Mountain
It has been an extremely fulfilling experience of six years to set up my easel and work on location to interpret the grandeur of Pikes Peak. In 2015, three years into this painting series, I became resolved to complete one hundred canvases of America's Mountain and document it with a book.And now in 2018, after many seasons in the making and fifty years as a landscape painter, I can truly know that this visual journey has been an artistic project of a lifetime--a come to the mountain experience!My essential epiphany from this epic endeavor is that Pikes Peak, although an enormous historic granite mountain located in semi-arid region of Colorado, quite often resembles an oceanic rugged coastline due to dynamic atmospherics--a marvelous irony because the peak was thrust upward eons ago from the ocean floor.Pikes Peak's massive size and beauty in all seasons is pure joy for my artist soul. I invite you to see America's Mountain through my eyes!
Exhibited At: International book fairs
- 2019 Beijing International Book Fair (BIBF)
- 2019 Frankfurt International Book Fair
- 2019 The London Book Fair
- 2019 Bookexpo America
- 2019 American Library Association Annual
- 2019 American Library Association Midwinter
- 2019 Guadalajara International Book Fair
- 2019 National Education Association
- 2019 Association of College and Research Libraries