× Information !
Rights Contact Login For More Details
- Robert Maddock
More About This Title Operation Wappen
This is a short story spanning two years from 1956 to 1958. It includes the author?s Marine Corps service as a Second Lieutenant artillery forward observer attached to Third Battalion Sixth Marine Regiment led by Colonel Austin C. ?Shifty? Shofner (one of only nine men ever to escape a Japanese prisoner of war camp). It describes the maturation of Phase III warfare?the landing by helicopter of an intact infantry battalion ready to fight behind enemy lines (Operation Deep Water) and the beginnings of Phase IV warfare with the return of knights to the battlefield (Yasser Arafat/eventually Osama bin Landen) and an MI6/CIA joint clandestine, frustrated effort to overthrow the Syrian government (Operation Wappen).
Exhibited At: International book fairs
- National Education Association
- 2018 American Library Association Annual
- 2018 American Library Association Midwinter
- 2018 Association of College and Research Libraries
- 2018 Beijing International Book Fair (BIBF)
- 2018 Bookexpo America
- 2018 Frankfurt International Book Fair
- 2018 Guadalajara International Book Fair
- 2018 National Education Association
- 2018 The London Book Fair