- A website which provides real time information on each of their texts & how many times they are used
- A new way of selling without subsidies to bookstores or individuals
- Option for regionalization for pricing flexibility, preventing unauthorized access from outside specific countries
- Non downloadable, no printing (optional)
- An easy to use payment engine; this feature separates it from all other e-book platforms
- Currently each publishing house already utilize an online textbook platform, but...the method of subscription is flawed
- Paypal is great, but our methods of payment will eliminate the concerns users may have regarding banking & credit card info
Who are we?
I am co-founder of a new start-up here in the caribbean called Pure Genius®, and we have developed a textbook engine which we are confident students would appreciate.
We are currently setting up a pilot with a local University of Technology in Kingston, Jamaica, and are already in negotiations with the Caribbean Representatives for Pearson, McGraw Hill, Cengage, Wiley and Elsevier, who report to the heads of each publishing company.
They have acknowledged that the use of our platform will save them in the range of 2 - 15 million each semester, (per school) but we are well aware of how slow the corperate world tend to be slow to act in such circumstances, and some not all, are of a "wait and see" perspective.
All the reps for their respective companies, (of which I can present their names and contact or if you know these Caribbean representatives personall you can enquire about us) complain about the downward spiral in hard and soft cover book sales over the past year, as a result of widespread photocopying done by students here in the Caribbean, amongst other places.
- Little to no distribution cost
- Users can read from multiple books all at once, as they would with physical books
- Users would be able to follow their favourite Publisher/Author's activities within the environment
- We are utilizing the "Agency Model" but we have added our little flare to it called the "Pay Wall" of which I'm unable to give full details at this time due Non-Disclosure Agreement between myself and the team.
- Because it would be easier on the pockets of students, there would be "volume sales"
We will be setting up an infrastructure that will allow users to buy our access codes from within bookstores and schools, gas stations etc
Business Model for access codes and how publishers will be paid
Publisher Receives - 70%
Pure Genius Receives - 30%
Distributor Receives - 10-15% (Total 115%)
There are no upfront costs to use our platform.
Self Publishers, Publishing Houses, Authors seeking cheaper alternatives to get their work out there.
Cover Pages for upload must be converted to JPEG
Books/Articles for upload should be in .PDF Format
Pricing will be set by Author/Owner of content and we'll come to an agreement when its time to generate and sell access codes.