× Information !Interested in buying rights? Click here to make an offer
Rights Contact Login For More Details
- Leor Literary Agency
More About This Title THE PREDATOR
Yvan is a carefree 12-year-old Jewish Pied-Noir* child, full of wonder for everything. He is suddenly frozen in his tracks by the Algerian war, the explosion of which thrusts him into a world that is too hard to cope with.
Orléansville, Algeria, 1962. Yvan is a carefree 12-year-old Jewish Pied-Noir* child, full of wonder for everything. He is suddenly frozen in his tracks by the Algerian war, the explosion of which thrusts him into a world that is too hard to cope with.
Victim of a rape, persecuted by separatists who massacre Algerians of French origin, he is forced with his family to abandon everything and to flee to go to France, like millions of French people with him. Considered as colonists by the Algerians, considered as Algerians by the French, herded into refugee centers, they face the segregation, anti-Semitism and racism of the French administration.
This traumatized and uprooted child will have to learn to rebuild himself in a hostile world. In denial of his 12-year-old aggression, his first love stories will be a disaster and he will struggle to build stable relationships.
Constantly a victim of segregation and anti-Semitism, he will be attracted to the prison world, will seek to understand what drives people of immigrant origin into delinquency and crime. He will face the dangers of illusion and the harshness of politics, as well as death, sex, love and feelings of guilt.
50 years later, fate pushes him to go back to Algeria, to do the “reverse exodus”. There, he finds his roots, but also the fears and demons of his childhood.
Suddenly, a voice will revive his trauma and bring back to him the 12-year-old child he was…
*Algerians of French origins, decedents of settlers.
- The point of view of a 12 year-old child on the Algerian war and the forced exodus of the Pieds-Noirs.
- A powerful testimony on pedophilia and its long term consequences, which recalls the recent #MeToo movement.
- A book full of hardness and beauty.
More information: THE PREDATOR
Yvan Tetelbom was born in the Atlas Mountains of Kabylia and writes poems, performing in France and abroad. He is a specialist in the poetry of language, regularly going into schools and universities, as well as places where people suffer, such as prisons, psychiatric hospitals, reception centres and deprived neighbourhoods.
Exhibited At: International book fairs
- 2021 Bologna Children's Book Fair
- 2021 Frankfurt International Book Fair
- 2021 Bookexpo America
- 2021 Bologna Book Fair
- 2021 Bookfest Bukarest
- 2021 International Book Fair LIBER - Madrid
- 2021 International Book Fair LIBER - Barcelona
- 2021 International Warsaw Book Fair
- 2021 Moscow International Book Fair
- 2021 Prague International Book Fair and Literary Festival Book World
- 2021 Turin International Book Fair
- 2021 Vilnius Book Fair
- 2021 Warsaw Book Fair
- 2021 International Belgrade Book Fair
- 2021 Buch Wien - International Book Fair