Rights Contact Login For More Details
- Mango Media Inc
More About This Title 11 Seconds to Success
Are you interested in social media success stories? Here's a living your dreams story that should inspire everyone ─ the living your dreams story of CyreneQ, a modern Cinderella fairy tale.
(See: "Here’s how a 26 year-old is making up to $30,000 per Snap on Snapchat", by Morgan Linton, co-founder of Fashion Metric, November 30, 2016)
Creative snapchats & funny snapchat drawings: The next time you are sitting in a long, boring meeting and your mind starts to wander might be the very moment you find your destiny. That is exactly what happened to Cyreneq who began doodling funny Snapchat drawings during a particularly snoozy conference room session. Soon after, she went on to rule that burgeoning social media platform with her Snapchat art and her funny Snapchat drawings. Cyrene Quiamco has become a prominent personality with her creative Snapchats on a social media platform that is designed to make content disappear. Since joining Snapchat, Quiamco (who goes by "CyreneQ" across most social media) has amassed a following for her whimsical Snapchat art ― from celebrity portraits to collages of Disney characters ― and interactive creative Snapchats. She engages her community with her highly imaginative and appealing art, quizzes, games and questions, transforming a series of short-lived snaps into a conversation. She's also the creator of The11thSecond.com, a blog and community for creators of Snapchat art to share their work off the platform. Award-winning CyreneqQ was recently nominated for the Shorty Award which recognizes the best in social media.
Living your dreams ─ Do what you love: This modern fairy tale story (complete with Disney Princess self-portraits of the artist) starts in the Philippines where her family comes from. Cyrene gets her moxie, drive, spirit of self-invention and incredible work ethic from her mom, whom she counts as a main inspiration to be fearless and go for living your dreams. As she puts it, “I've always been an artist ever since elementary school, but I didn't really know how to apply that to the real world.” How she applied her artistry and originality to the modern world of social media is one of the most fantastic social media success stories of the 21st century.
Do what you love the money will follow: Cyrene's Cinderella "living your dreams" story is one that will have you dusting off your dreams. Cyreneq reminds us all of the power of our own imagination. Unleash that and nothing can stop you!
What you’ll learn inside 11 Seconds to Success:
• How to harness your personal creativity and apply it to the real world
• What CyreneQ really means in her motto “No excuses for starving artists!”
• That if you "do what you love the money will follow"
• How to up your social media IQ and your earning quotient, too!
• Who am I?
o Pioneer and one of the first to monetize and create a career on using Snapchat.
o Creator of The11thSeconds
o Highlights: Top 50 Most Fascinating People by Cosmo, Top 10 Snapchatters to Follow by NY Mag, etc.
o Nominated for Shorty and Streamy Social Media Awards.
• Why am I writing this book?
o Asked by a lot of people how I created a career on something that didn’t exist yet.
o I want to share and inspire.
Before the Timer Started – My Back Story
• Where it all started.
o Born in the Philippines. Limited Opportunities
o Moved to the U.S
o Found out I was good in art during middle school – undefeated annual art contest winner.
o Was asked to create t-shirt designs for school events to be sold.
o People thought I’d be a starving artist.
o Continued art in highschool – Magnet school and specialized in Art.
o Continued to win art contests.
o Got art scholarships for college.
o Obstacle with low ACT score. Convinced prestige scholars program that intelligence is not based on test. I’ve proven I have it in other places such as art. Was accepted in.
o Experimented with other art in college. Had a few articles about my industrial design of cellphones (Cnet did an article).
o I tried and was professionally paid on some industrial design, 2d animation, graphic design, web design – freelance while I was taking college classes – graduated with 4 different art majors.
o Started off as a cosmetic packaging designer. Did that for 3 months.
o Then I remembered the manager of a major telecom company contacted me when I was a junior in college, but I couldn’t take the job then.
o Luckily he had a job opening and was growing the very first in-house design team
o I was part of the “original 8” and I stayed as a web designer for 3 years – until I made a field jump to where I am today.
The Very First Second
• Coworker introduced me to snapchat.
• Boring meeting, just snapchatting coworkers throughout the day. Exercising our creative juices on snapchat.
• Coworker told me about other snapchat artists.
• Started to screenshot and collect snapchat art. Created the site the11thsecond to archive posts.
• Started featuring artists. Build connections. Gained recognition.
2 Seconds: How to be Found on an App Where it’s Impossible to be Found
• Networking with other snapchatters
• Collaborations – shoutout for shoutout
• By helping others get noticed by featuring them on The11thSecond, in turn I got noticed also.
3 Seconds: My Big Break
• Being discovered.
• Being featured in Blogs.
• Kevin Jonas noticed me.
4 Seconds: Making My First Dollar
• Drawing skills paid off.
• Drawing for NBC The Voice was my very first branded snapchat.
• Brands came – MTV, Walmart, Disneyland, Burger King, O.P.I., etc.
5 Seconds: Torn Between Stable High Paying Job to Jumping on a High Risk, High Fun Career
• I was now making an average of 10k for a sponsored snapchat story.
• Eventually got paid 30k.
• Still working in the corporate job.
• For three years, I designed for the web. The creative standards were already created by the brand. It didn’t feel as creative.
• On snapchat, I could pave my own way. No rules. No one knows what is good or bad. I felt like I can dictate the way it’s used. Constantly think of innovative ways to tell a story that’s unique to the platform.
• Hard choice…but I jumped.
• I create art for a living.
• Creating my own brand, creating art for myself and making a living out of my own brand.
7 Seconds: Defining What Art Means to You!
- we all are artistic
- everyone has a talent and a way to express themselves
-turning that expression into a career
8 Seconds: The Art of Rejection and Struggle
- the struggle is real
- being an artist comes with its downside
- there is love and passion in struggling and being low
-embrace the struggle
9 Seconds: loving your art
- be your number one fan
- your biggest follower comes from within
- critique yourself, but love yourself
-grow from the person you are to the person you want to be.
- always keep drawing. painting. growing. learning
10 Seconds: It’s More Than Just Me, It’s the Whole Community.
• Largest Snapchat meetup at SXSW. Almost 700 people in Banana Suits. Snapchatters flow in from all corners of the nation, some drove 20 hours just to go to event.
The 11th Second:
• Turning The11thSecond in to more than just a website and community, but a snapchat powerhouse where brands come to the people that live, breathe and know snapchat for their snapchat marketing advice.
• Couple of days ago, I launched The11thSecond very first campaign with hired influencers.
• Continue to build my brand. Being more selective on what I do.
• Doing more public speaking, educating people about snapchat.
– Jeremy Lock, Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt Photojournalist"Cyrene embodies what it means to be a true creator in today’s content-filled landscape. She embraces community, stays true to herself, and her Snapchat skills and knowledge are unmatched. In 11 Seconds is All You Need, she feeds our appetite to create with a healthy dose of motivation and inspiration."
Nick Cicero, CEO and Founder of Delmondo"11 seconds is all Cyrene needs to make you see what a creative force she is. Her work not only is of the highest creative and technical quality, but it brings joy to anyone who is lucky enough to watch it."
Director of Digital and Production | SoulPancake"Cyrene continues to innovate & expand her talents everyday. All while helping the community discover other upcoming artists."
- Jess Phillips, CEO of The Social Standard"Cyrene did not become a Snapchat star because of her artwork, but because she has perfected the art of storytelling."
- Adam Gausepohl, CEO PopShorts"Cyrene’s passion and creativity is beyond refreshing & authentic. In 11 Seconds is All You Need, she takes this passion and creativity and helps you market your artistic voice to the right audience.” — Mike Courtney, Founder of Aperio Insights"Cyrene has a creative, generous, and fun spirit that she perfectly manages to captivate with in just a few seconds via social media or in just a few pages of print. Her energy and passion is contagious but also, with her help, attainable."
Larry Betz - Chief Development Officer - Youth Home, Inc.